Police in safety clothing will help
It will get crowded on the roads this Thursday for the long Christmas weekend. Take precautions to keep your safe, wearing a safety vest is a good choice.
Thursday, December 22
- Do not leave Paris after 11 hours and major cities, 15 hours and 20 hours. (Green)
Friday, December 23
- Do not leave Paris after 11 hours and large cities between 15 hours and 20 hours (orange)
- Avoid driving on the A7 southbound from 12 hours.
Saturday, December 24
- Avoid leaving a large city between 11 and 16 hours (red)
- A practice driving "soothed" in heavy traffic on A6, A43, A40 between 10 hours and 13 hours.
Monday, December 26
- Avoid leaving Paris between 11 and 15 hours,
- Avoid driving on the A43 between 12 hours and 19 hours on the A40 between 14 hours and 19 hours.
In the direction of returns: Monday, December 26
- Planning a return to Paris until after 15 hours or 20 hours.
Prepare your departure: Check the condition and operation of your vehicle, especially the tires and their pressure. A well maintained and well-tuned vehicle is a guarantee of safety. It consumes less (up to - 10%) and therefore pollutes less (up to - 20%).
Make sure of the presence in your vehicle, the safety vest with reflective tape and warning triangle pre-approved. They are mandatory in all vehicles since October 1, 2008
Think about the additional equipment: safety vest, squeegees and brushes; bulbs, fuses and spare flashlight, very useful in case of failure.
Bring a "supply kit" : Have your vehicle warm clothing, gloves, blankets, water and something to eat for long journeys, or if the vehicle prolonged immobilization.
During the trip: Adjust your speed to the circumstances and extend significantly the safety distances , especially in rain, snow, or when temperatures are negative or close to zero.
Stay informed of traffic conditions and advice provided by professionals in the road information (variable message signs, GPS navigator, radio information messages) or takes a break to visit the website or mobile application Traffic monitoring. If anything happen, police in safety clothing will help you.